Sunday, April 12, 2009

I am currently listening to my roommate belt out a song, which is a usual occurrence these days. If not her, it's me. But it's times like these I wish I could put on hold. I would pull out the camera, but it will only hold so many minutes and it cannot capture the perfectness of this moment. Any other time, I would probably be whining that I need to study for my comps test. But I know what's coming in just a few weeks so I gladly listen.

I am trying with every fiber of my being to live in the present. I want to be a sponge for the next few weeks. Enjoying life to the very last drop. But then I have to ask myself: why didn't you do this for the last 5 years? I knew college was short, and I found out quickly oh-so-sweet. However, I was too busy thinking of the future to focus on the blessings of the now.

Now I sit, becoming an emotional wreck every time I think of leaving, of not seeing beloved friends every day, of not being able to walk out my door and walk just a few feet to my see my best friends. But where does this get me? Nowhere, that's where!

So for the next however many weeks I will cry and hug a lot, but I will not miss out on any more moments. I will not worry about what I'm going to do this summer, whether I will find a job, whether I will live with my parents or move out, whether I will travel elsewhere... There's just too many unknowns that I am making myself miserable.

So, before I go to bed, dream of muscles of mastication, and wake up to another day of studying (or cramming...I cannot decide if I'm at that point or not), I promise to myself that I will live in every single second of this beautiful destiny that I am traveling. Hold me accountable, people. I need it.

1 comment:

  1. yay! Alicia has a blog! I am going to link it to ours. Love you!

    ~Lindsay

    ReplyDelete