Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tests, tests, and more tests

My goal is to update this blog once a week. As you can tell, that's one goal I am currently not meeting. Oh well, I think only two people read this anyways. So here's my update.

My life for the past couple of weeks (I think saying months would be a lie) has consisted of studying for two tests that I have to take in order to graduate and get my license to eventually practice as a Speech Pathologist.

Test #1: PASS!!! Woo-hoo! (this one is in order to graduate from Baylor)
Test #2: Completed!!! Woo-hoo! I took that one today and won't know my scores for about a month.

Test #2, called the Praxis, was much harder than anticipated. Darn Speech Science! But as long as I passed, I don't really care!

And I can give you a job update too...I don't have one! I am working hard at it, though. I have been offered a job with a company out of California. Once I sign a "non-binding" contract (which I really need to remember to fax on Monday...anyone feel free to remind me), then they will begin looking for a job placement for me...in Texas. Scary thought right there! I have an interview at the end of May for job in a school system outside of Little Rock. We'll see how that goes. And I have applied to another school system, but haven't heard back from them yet. I have at least three more places to apply. That can be on tomorrow's to-do list. And my mother is constantly on the hunt for more jobs for me.

So now that those tests are complete, it's time to focus on finals. And then packing...with lots of crying!...and getting rid of things. I have so much accumulated junk from the last 5 years! It will be interested to see what I find.

Leaving Waco is going to be pretty hard on me, so feel free to keep me in your prayers. My specific prayer has been that I will enjoy every minute I have left here, and then that I will be blessed with good friends back in AR (besides Joanna, I've already been blessed with her for...9 years? Wow, time sure does fly!)

Anything specific prayer needs you guys have?

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Patty Pattillo,

    Lets do lots of fun things this week...k? Like sing randomly to one person each day...and give lots of hugs and do all the things that have made grad school great. God knows where you're going and who will surround you and support you while you're there, so no worries love, it'll all work out.

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete