Sunday, May 3, 2009

My treasures...My friends

I'm so excited as to what I am about to do. This may occur over a few posts, but I want to include a little blurb about my favorite people and why I love them. Just because you don't make it in this post does not mean I like you less or anything of the sort. This is all equal ground. I will try to do 5 each post.

Joanna: She has been my best friend for a long time now. I knew her since 5th grade, but we didn't really become friends until 9th grade. I can't really even remember what brought us together, but I'm oh-so-grateful for it. Just some reasons why Joanna means so much to me:
1. She is gorgeous on the outside, but even more on the inside. She has such a loving heart for people and longs to serve God in everything she does.
2. Where Jo and Alicia go, fun ALWAYS follows.
3. She has stuck by my side through thick and thin. Even when I wasn't always by her side.
4. She doesn't care about stupid, arrogant mistakes that I may make.
5. She has been through a lot in her lifetime, but still stands as a strong, beautiful woman of God.


Samantha: Samantha and I met my freshman year at Baylor. She lived across the hall from me. I thought she was extremely shy. She never called me by name because she didn't know if I was Alicia or my roommate. Thankfully, her roommate stole a doorstop from Tidwell Bible Building and her life was never boring again. Haha! And besides, we are twins so it makes sense that we're friends too. Sammie Jo holds a special place in my heart because:
1. She has an amazing, positive outlook on life.
2. She puts up with my singing and understands my secret language that I try to speak while brushing my teeth.
3. She loves being an encourager to others, even if she needs encouragement more.
4. She makes me want to strive to be a better person everyday.
5. She shares my love of Ann Taylor Loft, Gap, Gilmore Girls, and peanut butter m&m's.




3. Katie: I met Katie freshman year at Baylor. We were both in a journey group through the BSM. The first remembrance I have of Katie is as follows: I had met Ethany already and then I met Katie. Ethany whispered to me, loud enough for Katie to hear, "That's Katie. She's weird." Katie is so amazing because:
1. She can make me smile at anytime. I absolutely love getting voice messages from her that are simply her singing "Alisha Patiyo...lalalalalala". I never get tired of those.
2. She keeps me accountable. She asks me questions that cause me to think and know exactly why I think/believe something.
3. She has amazing discipline. She is unfaltering in her morals and beliefs. She is very careful to do what is right no matter what others may think of her.
4. She makes every person feel welcome and included. She will make friends with a stranger in no time.
5. Of course, everyone loves her because she's special:). Actually, she is special. I love that she's real, kind, loving, and supportive.


Kristen: I did not meet Kristen until my senior year of college. She came to Baylor for graduate school from Harding in AR. Katie actually befriended her first, and then I met her and the rest is history. We actually have the exact same birthday too so that makes our friendship extra special:). Why I think Kristen is so special:
1. Kristen is so good at listening. She's a quieter person, especially compared to me, and everything she says is said intentionally.
2. She glides through life with amazing grace. I know that sounds corny, but I see her as an exceptionally graceful person. In the way she carries herself, in the way she treats others...I really like that quality about her.
3. She has a great work ethic. I realized that so much now with her current job. It is not anything she wants, but she works hard because she just believes it's right. I believe it shows Christ through her.
4. She is a genuine friend. She wants to know about you and offers great encouragement.
5. She, as well, is a huge Gilmore Girls fan. I'm noticing a pattern with GG haha. I love that I can make a reference to an obscure episode and she laughs.


Ethany: I met Ethany freshman year. Remember, she's the one who told me that Katie's weird. We were in a journey group together, but I do believe I met her initially through a mutual friend on my hallway. A few reasons why Ethany is fabulous:
1. I love her love of knowledge. She loves reading and knows so much information. She refers to things sometimes that I've never even heard of, but she could probably be an expert on it.
2. She has such a sweet spirit. I love when she calls me and says "Leashie!" because I know she is truly excited to talk to me.
3. She has strong beliefs and follows through with them. I love to see her standing strong for what she knows is right.
4. She is about as random as me which makes things so hilarious. She's been known to make odd comments that makes everyone just laugh out loud. I keep thinking back to the time that she gave up boys for Lent:).
5. She has a strong compassion for people. She's a nurse and I think it's a perfect fit for her because she will show these people love that they may not get from someone else. Her patients are lucky people!


**I loved doing this. It helped me to acknowledge the great qualities in my friends and be thankful that I've been able to make such great friends.**

**Next blog, my grad. school buddies!**

2 comments:

  1. I have added you to my blog list...haha I can stalk you nooooow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia, I think it might have been PE in 9th grade that made you and Joanna such good friends. PE was not so much a good time for us. :) I found your blog, and I am excited to read it. They are my connection to the Little Rock world!! :) Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete